visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dr. Undergrad Goes Guerrilla



This cute young lady didn't mind allowing me to snap a pic of her outfit yesterday at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan!

Unfortunately, the pic was taken on my ipod and the clarity leaves much to be desired. What caught my eye as I walked by the bus stop was the great purple damask coat she was wearing. Underneath was a plaid skirt, patterned tights, and short black high heel boot. Also featured, a vintage fur hat and horn rim glasses, plus a bright yellow bag.

Thanks for letting me snap your picture, mystery girl! Your bus came so quickly I didn't catch your name...hope you remembered the "Thrift Trick" I shouted as you hopped on...

_________________________________________________________


Did I mention this is my 7th year in college (only one and a half years were part time!)? UGH. Believe it or not, I've been on the straight and narrow path to language arts education the entire time! Now that I've finished most of my B.A. in Language Arts and Elementary Education, I've started on my last and final leg to recieving my teaching certification. This semester I'm wrapping up odds and ends and my projected graduation date is next year...finally. But until then...you can call me:
DR. UNDERGRAD!
So, Dr. Undergrad decided that, to make these final days of undergraduate hell more tolerable, she would go guerrilla at GVSU. I've been wanting to document street fashion here in Michigan anyhow, Sartorialist style. In case you weren't aware, click on the blog to the left to see some fantastic photography, street fashion, and captured humanity. Love.

You can expect to see more forward street fashion here at Thrift Trick. I may even have MORE tricks up my (secondhand) sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts