visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Monday, February 13, 2012

What you need is a little Chai...

KUNDALINI CHAI

Sigh. I've landed head first into a super strength cold. I just can't win this season!

Must be stress...school, work, family, bands...I'm a little too busy.

Came home a little early for some R&R this evening and was so glad I had made a pot of home made chai the day before...and snapped these pics.

Thought I'd share the recipe for my wonderful and delicious health tonic for anyone who feels like brewing up a pot of cleansing and aromatic chai tea--no caffeine! Note that you can easily steep your favorite black tea in it if you prefer some "kick" in your cup!

KUNDALINI CHAI
_________________


Best Kundalini Chai: A 2000 year old recipe given to me by my yoga instructor. Been making it every day since. It has amazing properties including anti-inflammatory and immune boosting. In India, they use it to treat fever. Also good for indigestion among many other things. BE CAREFUL WITH THE PEPPERCORNS. the power of 3-4 whole peppercorns is amazing.

INGREDIENTS:

About 4 liters of water
3-4 short cinnamon sticks
Small handful of cloves (6-7 individual)
1 tbs ginger
1 tbs cardamom powder
1 tbs fennel powder
1 tbs turmeric
4-6 whole peppercorns (more if you like spicier chai--but BE CAREFUL!)

Bring to a rolling boil in a large stockpot for about 15 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer for another 45 minutes. Allow to steep and sit afterwards. Once it has cooled you can store it in the fridge. Stays 2-3 days unrefridgerated on the counter before things start to turn. No need to strain. I like to stir up the sediment in mine. Serve with almond milk and honey. Say, "MMMMMMM". :)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts