visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Friday, February 14, 2014

Trading Hearts for Triangles

IMG_2203

TRADING HEARTS FOR TRIANGLES

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Today's monochromatic outfit post is highlighting a $2 vintage Leslie Fay dress (thrifted from Hope's Outlet) as well as a thrifted coat, vintage secondhand gloves, and classic Coach satchel that I purchased for $2.99 at Goodwill last year!

I hope your day is filled with happiness--whether you are married, dating, single or "over" Valentine's day--haha! ;)

No matter what your "status" is, take tome today to LOVE YOURSELF.

And a practical note...Mid-winter here in Michigan has never been more dry. Beyond the extra moisture that your skin, hair and nails need, your wardrobe might likely be just as dry and full of static. For those of us who regularly wear dresses, the "electric cling" issue can be maddening! Dryer sheets sometimes work and there is also an "anti-static" spray product out there, but I've heard many people say the smell, as well as moisture it creates, is not ideal.

HERE'S MY "HANDY" (pun intended) ANTI-STATIC TIP: HAND LOTION! I've been using this for years.  I simply lube my hands up well and rub the excess over my tights, underneath my dress, in the places that it tends to cling the most. It works immediately, moisturizes your skin, and provided that you only use a thin layer, shouldn't damage fabrics. You might need to re-apply throughout the day, but you won't have a wet rear or smoke your co-workers out with the scent of a spray product! ;)

IMG_2188b

IMG_2187


IMG_2199

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts