visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Monday, November 10, 2014

Announcing our wedding photographer...Rachel Kaye Photography!



*All photos in this rooftop session courtesy Rachel Kaye Photography, 2014

MEET OUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER, 
Finding the right wedding photographer is one of the most stressful aspects of being married, if you ask me. I spent so much time agonizing over that detail of my wedding as a photographer myself--trying to balance our budget with what I wanted to achieve with our pictures. As someone who appreciates a photojournalistic, organic approach to wedding photography, I wanted to find a (dependable) outside-of-the-box artist but I also was working with a limited budget (c'mon, you KNOW I had to be thrifty!). I had been following Rachel's work for a while and felt like it was just what we were looking for!

We feel as though we struck the lotto with Rachel because her prices are very reasonable, and she is so much fun to work with. Right out of the gates upon booking our wedding date, she connected with me and provided me with a slew of great questions that would prepare us to work together (and many of them got me thinking about planning details I hadn't hammered out yet, which was great!).

We recently met up with Rachel for a short "save the date" session that actually piggybacked on a location I was shooting a session at myself, and my fiance and I absolutely love the photos. Rachel did an amazing job with the photography itself, but she was also a blast to work with--fun, energetic, and inspired. As much as Rachel is a free spirit behind the lens, she is a professional in her conduct. We really appreciated her delivery methods, follow through and printing advice as well.

"I get so fired up shooting weddings," she laughed at our first meeting. "I'm usually still worked up the next day!" Her enthusiasm was infectious and Ben and I really appreciated her palpable passion for weddings.

If you're getting married in 2015, you might want to HURRY YOUR BUNS UP and contact her, because she just MIGHT have something available for you! I think I will win bonus points if I suggest considering a July or August date if you WERE thinking about spring and fall previously--why not? If you are getting married in 2016, no sense in waiting around. I have a feeling Rachel will be in very high demand by that point. =)


      Meet Rachel!  

Rachel is a documentary style photographer based out of the West Michigan and Chicago area. Her photos are warm, fun and authentic. Rachel is also a fellow thrifty fashion blogger and the creater of "Slow Your Style"! 
  
 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts