visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Tuesday, August 12, 2014

LIFE EVENT: I said yes.


My new life-altering peice of jewelry...

LIFE EVENT: I said yes.

It's hard to believe it. For many years, I said I didn't even respect the convention of marriage. I never really talked about my personal relationships in my blog, and I always felt it was better that way. Sometimes, life changes can be hard, and maintaining a level of privacy is always important. I think there was always a part of me that was running from it...scared to truly depend on someone, and let it go.

That began to change a year and a half ago, when I started dating my best friend (and I mean, literally, my best friend of 20 years!). He was everything that I ever wanted in a partner, and more. He was dependable, loyal, feminist, creative, intelligent, caring, musical, doting, gentle, and wonderful with my son. He was supportive, interested in my life and...he even liked thrift store shopping.

This last weekend, we took a romantic weekend to northern Michigan, and, while we sat in the sun on Bellaire lake, drinking Peach Spumante from Lemon Creek Winery with our toes in the sand, he fumbled around in the pockets of his shorts for the ring he had been hiding there (shown above!), and asked me to marry him. It was his first proposal, as well as mine.

I said yes. <3

I'm not kidding when I say that the shouts of joy, comments, high fives and cheers have literally surrounded us for days in a warm cloud of happy approval--from family to long time friends. And, it only took about one day after our "Facebook Official" status for the requests to come in to my inbox about blogging the wedding. As if I wasn't planning on it, right?

So here's to inhibitions and privacy out the window. Come along with me in this journey to create a beautiful wedding on a shoestring budget, with as many recycled, vintage or thrifted materials as possible! Share in my joy!

Believe it or not, the date has already been set--September 26th of 2015. Until then, I will be featuring regular updates on how things are going with my wedding planning--from the venue, to thrifting DIYs and Pinterest boards, makeup, hair, and positive body image along the way (who doesn't need an extra dose of self love before their big day?) and I hope you will follow along with me!

Look for the "My Wedding" navigation button at the top of the blog so that you can get all of my wedding related posts in one click! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts