visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Sunday, June 28, 2015

Easy Peasy DIY Halter | Thrifted Summer Floral



Easy Peasy DIY Halter
Thrifted Summer Floral

I thrifted this dress a few weeks ago at Hope's Outlet in Muskegon on Glade Avenue for $2. I have a thing for floral and I knew it would be great paired with browns and blacks...plus red lips! The only problem was that the shoulder straps were driving me crazy...they were slightly loose.
 
Adjusting the straps would have been fairly easy with my sewing machine, but I was feeling too lazy for that...like, "Wouldn't it just be nice to fix this problem in twenty seconds and be laying in a hammock?" kind of lazy.
 
The simple solution? Snip. Cut the straps from the back, and tie around my neck--BOOM. Instant halter. Can you find something similar at the thrift store for a few bucks and give it some new life?



Wavy post-French braid hair and fringy brown peep toe booties added some nice boho flair to this outfit. The cute little Lulu cross body was a $5 clearance item. Merona belt thrifted as part of another dress, from Goodwill. Bracelets and earrings were inexpensive secondhand finds, as well.









Special thanks to my photographer...AKA, fiancé. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts