visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Friday, September 6, 2013

Last Minute Chambray

IMG_0013

LAST MINUTE CHAMBRAY


Yesterday morning before work I had a baby fit. A little tantrum. A hing ding! 
Why? Well, going against the "good sense" part of my brain, I neglected to select an outfit the night before for my workday, which was a little higher priority than usual because of a school event.  Still, I managed to construct something I really liked in the wee hours of the morning but it involved a silk shirt. A very WRINKLY silk shirt. So, first mode of attack; I sprinkled it with water generously and tossed it into the dryer. Even after 15 minutes, the drying was completely ineffective, so I moved onto phase two: ironing. My iron with steam also failed to remove the stubborn silk wrinkles which were now causing me to twitch a little (ten minutes until I had to walk out the door).

I abandoned ship.

Moving on to other blouse selections in my closet, I threw on something different and managed to button it nearly completely until I reached the bottom...missing....button. (Expletive).

Shirt two: another missing button.

If you can believe it...shirt three....another missing button. (What the...???) HULK SMASH!

At this point I was furiously running around the house in my bra with a cup of french press, ready to violently explode anything in my path with fire-powered laser eyes.

As a last minute ditch effort, I threw on my trusty chambray shirt and a charcoal blazer (all thrifted, of course) with some black pants and these great peep toe bootie heels. 

I looked over my outfit. My blood pressure began to reduce, and I felt a sigh of relief.

Catastrophe averted. 

I liked the last minute ensemble enough to snap some outfit shots on my lunchbreak. Hope your morning was much better than mine the day these photos were taken!


IMG_0020

IMG_0016

IMG_0026

IMG_0023

IMG_0028 

 P.S.! Excuse the rough cuticles and less than perfect painting, but I wanted to share my cute mani-a layer of gold with a metallic maroon stripe, also "once-overed" with chunk glitter!

nails



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts