visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Thursday, March 5, 2015

Who I am: Future Blog Plans and Changes on the Horizon

“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe - See more at: http://exploreforayear.com/clarity/45-inspiring-quotes-change#sthash.mIpcwRJA.dpuf
“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe - See more at: http://exploreforayear.com/clarity/45-inspiring-quotes-change#sthash.mIpcwRJA.dpu

“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe 
Image courtesy of Fanpop
 
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

WHO I AM
Future Blog Plans and Changes on the Horizon

It's hard to believe that I started my blog four years ago.

I had so many vintage and thrifted treasures to share. I wanted to blog about a lifestyle that was centered around reduced consumption, and I loved the idea of sharing vintage and secondhand clothes. I also happened to be PETRIFIED of photographing my body, and I was working through quite a few body image issues, finding my voice, and shifting gears professionally.

While I never found my blog to be vapid in its content (fashion or otherwise), I was afraid to over-saturate my readers with too many posts regarding body image, or life topics that didn't seem to be calibrated for a thrift fashion blog. Slowly, bit by bit, I began to add healthy cooking, and more pieces on image and self-love. I still maintained my love of thrift, and fashion, but the content became a little more heady, and I was glad for that--because I'm a writer, and I love sharing myself with my readers!

Still, sometimes I worried that new readers and Facebook fans would wonder about my blog's name--that perhaps "Thrift Trick" wasn't really an accurate handle for me anymore.  For the last year, though I've very much enjoyed connecting with readers on my website and through re-published content on Grand Haven Tribune and even an interview on NPR, I've felt that my name was a limiting container--something that was keeping me from fully expressing myself.

Re-branding your blog (and essentially your voice) is actually quite an intimidating process. Each time I thought about doing it, a new opportunity for my existing blog would prevent itself, and I would think, "How can I risk stunting this momentum right now? My blog is really starting to become what I've always wanted!" Yet, there was a little voice inside of me that proposed that perhaps my blog's name was actually holding me back.

It's taken me a long time to make the decision, and I'm finally pulling the trigger.

I'm re-branding.

More answers and new changes will be on the horizon, but the most important thing that I'd like to communicate to my readers (and I appreciate EVERY single one of you!) is that my content won't really be changing too much. Here's what you can expect from the new blog:
  
--Thrifting and a lifestyle that promotes reduced consumption
--Healthy cooking
--Fashion and Beauty
--Positive Self-Image
--More interviews, guest writing and street fashion that spotlights real people with interesting stories
--My photography
--The addition of new media (more on that soon!)

The truth is, it's really what I'm doing right now! However, the new blog will be more appropriately named, so that more people who are interested in a conscious, mindful lifestyle can successfully connect with me.

If you are already subscribed to my blog and visit frequently, I hope you will continue to do so once the changes begin. I also value your feedback as readers, and I'd love to hear from you. I will begin applying changes over the next month, and by April, I will have completed everything.

Do you have any questions or suggestions for me? Please comment below--I value your input!





2 comments:

  1. Good for you, making changes that you know you need to make. I'll eagerly await the new blog, and continue to follow you there! And for the record, I think that a blog name is just a name, and it's what you do with it's contents that really tell you what it's about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1HappyDay,
      Thank you Thank you! For reading, supporting, and the validation that the content is what matters. I appreciate your comment! :D

      Delete

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts