visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Saturday, December 3, 2011

Visual Potpourri, 2012














This is just a little visual walk through some of the things I've seen and loved for 2011-2012 fashion. I'm really digging all the fabric and monochrome stuff I'm seeing from Chanel, Dior and others for winter. I'm not going to get too crazy with labeling designers in these pictures. I'm still working on doing that even with my outfits because I'm not a BRAND girl. I am inspired by how things look, feel, and how low the price is...and not what is printed on the inside tag. I recreate them with the creative and upcycled means that I have (the mission of my blog in the first place)! I know for some people, the brand is necessary to know so that they can acquire the items they want to get. For me, because I know I will hunt for a lesser priced or used substitute, this doesn't matter so much. I think this is what frustrates people about thrift in general. If you are one of those people (though most folks reading my blog probably like thrift), I'd encourage you to step out of your comfort zone this year, trust your own instincts and creativity, and jump into thrifting. Even if it is just one piece of your outfit puzzle!

--Chantal

______________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts