visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Saturday, April 28, 2012

16 ways...Scarf Tutorial #1...Upcycled Necklace

16 Ways to Style a (vintage!) Scarf: Tutorial #1

Upcycled Necklace


Looking for a fun way to wear a vintage scarf? Try this out!


Materials needed:

1) One vintage scarf (the featured scarf is from Hope's Outlet on Glade St. in Muskegon, Michigan!)

2) Old string of beads of any size (though I used large, Mardi Gras style which I think worked nicely--and smaller is more work. You also might need to thin your fabric a bit the smaller you go.)

3) Scissors to trim beads
4) Needle and thread (whatever color you prefer, though color matching is nice!)


I trimmed my beads so that the length was where I wanted it to appear on my chest!
You could do whatever length you like!

I centered the bead strip in my vintage scarf, and folded it in!

Then I took a needle and thread, and starting just before the first bead, I inserted the thread, and tied a loop around the fabric. After the first loop, I inserted the needle in and slid it under the fabric to the next gap between beads (so that the thread wouldn't show over the top of the beaded area). I then tied a loop and continued this process until I came all the way to the end of the bead segment!

Once the beads were all covered and the ends were tied, I simply used the loose ends as the "tie" for my necklace, fixing it around the neck with a simple bow. The entire process took about twenty minutes, and I love the result; funky, vintage and not even permanent, as you could easily snip the threads and "reclaim" your vintage scarf once more for another styling!

Do you want this necklace, for free?

Simply stop by Hope’s Outlet in

Grand Haven, MI!

This necklace will be available on Monday, April 30th after 1 p.m.! It's a first come, first serve giveaway! All you have to do is stop by Hope's Outlet thrift store in Grand Haven, MI at 1100 Washington Street and go to the front counter. Let the cashier know that you are from Thrift Trick and the "#1 Tutorial" and this handmade necklace from yours truly can make it's way into your hot little hands!


See you soon for an outfit post!

_________________________

Hope's Outlet Thrift Stores are located at:

2424 Glade St., Muskegon, MI 49444

1974 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444

1100 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Find Hope's Outlet on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts