visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Friday, May 4, 2012

CONTEST WINNERS! And...Sixteen Ways Scarf Tutorial #3..."Brooch" the topic...

Let’s “Brooch” this topic!

But first, congrats to the first vintage jewelry giveaway winner, comment #2, according to a drawing at Random.org. Enjoy your necklace, Katie!

Congrats!

OK, back to business--I'm sorry for the cheesy pun. If you accept my apology, let's move on to tutorial #3 on fun ways to wear vintage scarfs!


As you can see from this entry, I took a fun and colorful vintage scarf from Hope's Outlet (normally priced between .49-.99 cents) and created an adorable and fancy brooch simply by twisting it into knots, twirling it around, and pinning it to my cardigan with a safety pin! To finish it off, I placed an additional white rose pin of mine in the center, which I happened to have matching earrings for (also pictured in the accessories below).


The rest of the outfit is ONE HUNDRED percent thrifted, totalling a cost of about $13 for shirt, skirt (the black ribbed skirt has showed up OFTEN in my blog; it goes perfectly with EVERYTHING!), cardigan, vintage white chenille cloche with rhinestone embellishment and shoes.


Can you believe that I paid 99 cents for that red patent leather Anne Klein belt, in impeccably new condition???


Many items did indeed come from Hope's Outlet but the adorable cloche was a great find at Goodwill of Grand Rapids, MI on Division street! They have now separated many vintage items into a section (if you prefer not to dig around for them) and this was among some other very neat pieces!





I loved this outfit because it felt very feminine and classic. Lots of colors and textures made it feel fun as well!

You can win the scarf (still tied into a brooch) by visiting the Grand Haven Hope's Outlet...
I left it there for you!
Get there tomorrow and win!
___________________________________________

Hope's Outlet Thrift Stores are located at:

2424 Glade St., Muskegon, MI 49444

1974 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444

1100 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Find Hope's Outlet on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts