visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Thursday, May 10, 2012

CONTEST WINNERS! And...Sixteen Ways Scarf Tutorial #4..."Animal Instincts"


Way #4: Repurpose A Vintage Scarf:

Recover an old bangle bracelet!

But first…

Congrats to leanders_mom! (Comment #3) on winning the vintage necklace featured in my last blog through a random drawing! I will ship your prize tomorrow! :)


I've always got old things lying around waiting to be repurposed. This wide silver bangle (painted plastic) shown above was the perfect surface for a recover with a fun animal print scarf! (Thrifted from Hope's Outlet!)

First I trimmed the scarf loosely to the dimensions of the bracelet, which varied in width. I knew I would need to adjust after gluing because the material is so sheer and stretchy, so I wasn't too exact with this, being that it was darn near impossible to make a perfect pattern of the bangle because of its variation.

Next I painted with fabric glue--any brand will do.

I covered the entire surface with a brush.

I fitted the sheer scarf strip over the bangle and allowed it to get slightly tacky.

Once it was slightly tacky and I was sure of placement, I trimmed the scarf a little thinner than all the way to the edges. I did this because I knew the fabric would fray slightly upon being cut, and I wanted the inside surface of the bangle to be smooth. Allowing a bit of edge allowed me to cover the slight fray with extra fabric glue, for a smooth outer edge.

Here's how it turned out! I really thought it was very cute.

You could be the lucky reader to stop by Hope's Outlet on at 1974 Sherman in Muskegon, MI to win this scarf covered bracelet! Just ask for it!

Have a wonderful afternoon...sneak a thrifting trip in!
___________________________________________

Hope's Outlet Thrift Stores are located at:

2424 Glade St., Muskegon, MI 49444

1974 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444

1100 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Find Hope's Outlet on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts