visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Wednesday, May 2, 2012

16 Ways Scarf Tutorial #2: Left My Heart At Ludington Beach

I left my heart at Ludington beach...


Not the adorable and delicate vintage pewter heart locket my mother gave me--that would have been a tragedy! No, I left my heart in spirit on the beautiful calm waters of Lake Michigan at Ludington's downtown beach, the place where I grew up and still return to visit with lifetime friends and family. I feel recharged when I'm there--despite spending so many afternoons planning my escape as a teenager. I visited yesterday to see a dear friend of mine for her 2nd baby's shower, and couldn't resist snapping some sunset beach pics on what I consider to be one of the most beautiful places on earth.



I don't always wear pink, but on occasion I am drawn to it. Do you have a long scarf that you can "play along" with today? If not...remember you can win this scarf at the Grand Haven Hope's outlet on Washington Ave in Grand Haven, MI--it is there at this very moment! All you have to do is tell them Thrift Trick sent you, for tutorial 2!



The outfit was centered around a fun (SUPER EIGHTIES!) neon pink, blue, black and white blazer that I bought for mere cents at St. Vincent DePaul's in Muskegon. I paired it with tight black pants, a cowel necked black shirt, these black Micheal Kors heels (a consignment item I recently bought and LOVE), and of course...a fun scarf!


Normally I'm not so much a bow person, either--imagine that, pink AND bows today!--but it felt right with this outfit. It pulled things together and if you are a little bit on the heavier side, a bow or belt underneath the blazer and worn high can accentuate and flatter the parts you'd like to draw attention to--like a smaller waist! I preferred the way that the scarf looked tied UNDER as opposed to tying it OVER the blazer; but you can experiment.

Not digging bows at the moment?
Try it cumber bun style--check out this fun tutorial from Do it Yourself!

Don't worry--I didn't leave the scarf
on the beach.

Even though I left my heart, I remembered to grab the long, sheer pink accessory so that I could give it away to you!

Be the first to win!
in Grand Haven, MI at Hope's Outlet and win it for yourself.
I'd love to see the outfit you pair it with on my Facebook page!


Cheers and thanks so much for reading.
Enjoy this beautiful spring day, wherever you are!
___________________________________________

Hope's Outlet Thrift Stores are located at:

2424 Glade St., Muskegon, MI 49444

1974 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444

1100 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Find Hope's Outlet on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts