visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Monday, July 16, 2012

16 Ways...Scarf Tutorial #11: Do it Gypsy Style


WEAR YOUR VINTAGE SCARF LIKE A GYPSY!

It’s a good look for a hot day like today. I usually don’t rock the “falling off the shoulder” look, but this thrifted American Rag shirt was so comfy and summery…and I love the teal-y green. Plus, it was only $1.50! The back is open and exposed in a razor back style, which I feel is very flattering for anyone who might have any “back insecurities”—whether it be weight or skin related. I’m lucky to have relatively clear skin on my back, but I’m certainly self conscious about looking chubby with too much exposed skin hanging out back there! My upper back is more muscular and this year, actually a little tan! Thus, this breezy shirt is perfect summer wear for me.

I did, however, accidentally pop a few of the metal rivets off when I washed it. WHOOPS! You can see the missing ones on the picture below. Oh well?

Everything in this outfit (shirt, skirt, belt, jewelry, scarf) is thrifted with the exception of my sandals, which were an inexpensive clearance item at Meijer this year—Falls Creek.

What are you wearing to beat the heat? Don’t forget to stop by one of three Hope’s Outlet locations in Muskegon and Grand Haven to win a free scarf for your own accessorizing pleasure!
















Hope's Outlet Thrift Stores are located at:

2424 Glade St., Muskegon, MI 49444

1974 E Sherman Blvd, Muskegon, MI 49444

1100 Washington Ave, Grand Haven, MI 49417

Find Hope's Outlet on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts