visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Stolen off the streets: Plaid and shorts!


STOLEN….OFF THE STREETS!

I was out to dinner with the fam last night and saw a girl sporting an outfit cute enough to steal! I immediately thought it would be fun recreate this outfit with thrifted items! In the future I might be brave enough to snap a picture of my “victims” before I rob their fashion sense, but between you and me, this one’s under the radar!


HER LOOK: A loose fitting plaid shirt, worn with shorts (fairly short in length) and a brown braided belt.


MY ADDITIONS: white straw fedora and accessories! My outfit cost total (shirt and belt was a gift from my birthday this year): $7.50. Shorts were actually brand new with tag from Goodwill for $5! White straw fedora was new…one dollar from Dollar Tree! Bought a blue as well, for that price, what the heck! Vintage clip ons: $1.50 from Lakeshore Rescue Mission Thrift in Grand Haven, Mi, and bangles/purse were a yardsale find for $1.









The actual shorts pictured here look longer than they really are, due to the impossibility of dressing a one legged dress form in shorts to begin with. Haha! That was tricky…

Have you seen a look that you’d like to see me steal and “thrift trick”? Stop by my Facebook page and post a picture to my wall…I’m always up for a challenge!

Also, keep your eyes peeled for some guest spots in the early part of next week and some thrifting adventures this weekend. I’m heading down to Lansing to visit some NEW places with my favorite thrifting partner, my mom! J



2 comments:

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts