visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow for a Minute: Layers and Print

IMG_3652

SNOW FOR A MINUTE: Layers and Print
It really was a gorgeous morning here in West Michigan. I must admit--even though I usually curse the snow each year, it's nice to see a little of it piling up! Even though it was quickly melting away as I was snapping my pictures this morning, it was nice to get a little sparkly dusting and a few snow photos.

When it comes to winter fashion, I've never been one to throw on a huge puffy Northface coat. I love layering not only for its functionality but also its style, so while downy parkas might be more practical for frigid weather, you'll usually find me in crazy getups like this vintage Pleather crop jacket (from Hope's Outlet) with multiple layered pieces underneath.

Everything with the exception of boots was thrifted in the pictures shown. The jeans I am wearing were originally wide leg and I altered them to taper with my sewing machine--a very easy project. Gloves, hat and accessories are all thrifted. 

What do you think about rolling your jeans and showing a touch of ankle with your boots during winter time? I love it. Winter hat plus aviators = instant style!

IMG_3673

IMG_3694


IMG_3647 IMG_3720 IMG_3708 copy IMG_3659 IMG_3649 IMG_3715 IMG_3643


Looking for more layering ideas? 

Don't forget to check out my new "Party In Your Parka" winter style pinboard!

I'll be pinning fun winter fashion there for the next month while I prepare for the SUPER FUN Party In Your Parka event...Michigan's OFFICIAL 176th birthday! If you're not sure what to wear to stay warm AND be stylish, check it out.

Are you a vendor interested in bringing your products or business name to the Party In Your Parka event? Booths start at the affordable price of $50! Make sure to get your space before availability becomes  limited!  
Please contact Chantal Johnson madeinthemitten.donor.sponsor@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts