visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Friday, December 20, 2013

Tis the Season To Repurpose! 1 Minute Centerpiece DIY


IMG_0008
TIS THE SEASON TO REPURPOSE!
(Fa la la la....well, you get the picture.)

Thrifted, gifted or free...that's what I always say!


This retro plastic topiary was given to me in a bag of other things from "Christmas Past" and I decided to re-purpose it a little and turn it into a lovely little center piece! These little vintage snow owls were just waiting to be a Christmas focal point along with gold pinecone candles.

Truly, the only step in this DIY would be: spraybomb.

I love the look of white, cream or almond when it comes to holiday items, so the idea for me was to just cover the whole thing...and that's precisely what I did. To be honest, because I love the vintage kitsch, the original somewhat appealed to me! However, a little coat of paint really freshened and modernized the piece, and I'm very happy with the way it turned out! 



BeforeAndAfter

I'm still decorating! I love adding things here or there!

IMG_0032

These wonderfully "tassel-y" ornaments and extra silver bulbs were orphans, so I strung them on ribbon over the doorways. 

What can you re-purpose for the holidays? Is your shopping done yet? I'll see you soon for a last minute thrifted gift blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts