visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pinterest Hair Challenge #3: Triple pinned braids!



HAPPY THURSDAY! It's time for my "Pinterest Weekly Hair Challenge"! As you might already know, I've been posting hairstyles inspired by tutorials and pictures from Pinterest. Each week, I've posted the original inspiration pin here for you to follow along with! You can follow my entire hairstyle board, "Hair Pretties", on Pinterest, or find my entire profile @Channystar! What's the point? Just to try something new and be honest about awesome successes and epic fails when it comes to Pinterest tutorials. Follow along with me!

This week's first pic is something I'm dubbing "Triple Pinned Braids". Quite easy: create three  braids at the nape of your neck, spread out to the sides and middle. Secure braids at the beginning and end with elastics. Once braids are finished, roll into buns and secure near the nape of the neck with bobbypins!

This look took me about ten minutes to complete.  I used about twenty bobby pins, because I can't STAND it when my hairstyle feels like it will fall out!  Because my hair is a little longer than the model shown, my braids were a little tighter looking, which I didn't mind.

Once sprayed, this hairstyle held very well.  I'd say it was very easy to create, and makes a pretty summer look for the office or maybe with a cute sundress!

Check out the original pin below and don't forget to follow along. Post your hair pictures on the Thrift Trick facebook page or tweet your images @ThriftTrick!

OVERALL TIP:  I would suggest braiding your hair as far to the ends as you can, because it creates less spiky ends "poking out" from the pinned buns once you are ready to pin them up.


                            THE ORIGINAL PIN: What do you think? Hit or Miss?


Pretty updo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts