visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Pinterest Hair Challenge: Hairstyle #2 (Mermaid Braid)


HEY EVERYBODY! I'm back again for my "Pinterest Weekly Hair Challenge"! As mentioned before, each week I'll be posting two new hairstyles inspired by tutorials and pictures from Pinterest. I'll be sure to post the original inspiration pin here for you to follow along with! You can follow my entire hairstyle board, "Hair Pretties", on Pinterest, or find my entire profile @Channystar! What's the point? Just to try something new and be honest about awesome successes and epic fails when it comes to Pinterest tutorials. Follow along with me!

This week's second pic was a "Mermaid Braid". Pretty simple: create two dutch style braids to the side and simply "pin" the middles together with bobbypins! I used three small elastics and about 6 or 7 bobby pins for this look. My one complaint was that it was hard for me to hide the bobby pins. I did, however, get compliments on this braid today, and I was impressed with how well it actually stayed in! Check out the original pin below and don't forget to follow along. Post your hair pictures on the Thrift Trick facebook page or tweet your images @ThriftTrick!

OVERALL TIP: I think to really achieve a nice looking, wider "mermaid style" braid IF you have long hair like me, you might want to try doing THREE braids together. This is how I will do it next time!


                            THE ORIGINAL PIN: What do you think? Hit or Miss?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts