visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Friday, November 25, 2011

In the name of duck...



Say hello to my vintage dress form "Kay" again! Why is her name Kay? Well, this beautiful gem was a gift from my Uncle Bill and Aunt Gail. Uncle Bill's mother was a seamstress. Her name was Kay, and she had her name on a tag near the neck. It seemed fitting! She took wonderful care of this awesome JC Penney's piece and I just love her. She actually lives in my bedroom! So...on to the outfit of the day....

Last Wednesday I bought THE sweetest duck bag ever...for a buck. Gotta love thrift! It inspired me to put together this little outfit which collectively cost less than twenty dollars (though most of it has been in my closet for a while).

The yellow vintage dress is 1960's "City Scene" which I was lucky enough to score at an estate sale for an elderly woman while on vacation in Davis, West Virginia! It was only $3. Scoreboard. I bought an entire slew of mod and handmade dresses that day in my size. I was high for a week!

The little blue cardigan is a little vintage Gap find, it was $2.99 at Goodwill. NORMALLY I would be a little unimpressed with that price but it was just what I was looking for. See how cheap I am? I deliberate over three dollars!

The heels shown here are Jacqueline Ferrar vintage. They are actually very nice Italian leather. $1 at the most darling little vintage shop in Mackinaw city. I hope to go back and blog about that place this summer. Even though it is unseasonably warm today in west Michigan, I will likely wear brown riding boots and tights with this outfit to keep a little chill out. The heels probably go better!

Accessory is that strange (and somewhat dismantled) chain necklace I bought while thrifting on Wednesday for $1. It is missing what used to be glued inside the ornament, but I actually really like it empty. I feel like it is a frame for the fabric underneath. It works perfectly with this outfit! The belt was something I bought new at Meijer last year for around $6, I think. I love this belt. It is getting worn. I will be sad when it breaks. It pulls together so many great outfits....








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts