visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

DIY: Address book into ipod/iphone Carrier!


Here’s what happened…

I saw this super cute embroidered fabric address book on a thrifting trip today. It was small and fit inside the adorable little case shown. My mind immediately went to a Pinterest pin I had seen for a large book as a Kindle case, and I thought..why not turn this into a fun craft project to house my iPod touch?

After all...who really uses address books anymore?

I honestly can't tell you the last time I didn't store this information ON MY IPOD. I know, I know...it's so "1984" of me. But it's true! And the little address books are the perfect size for most smart phones or iPods, so why not turn them into cute hard cases?

OF COURSE I use thrifted items for my craft projects...c'mon! They are more unique items and usually cheaper!PLUS you are doing something kind for the Earth in recycling and upcycling items... Just do it! I found this at Lakeshore Rescue Mission Thrift in Grand Haven, MI today along with THREE Marushka prints to add to my collection! Stop by the Thrift Trick Facebook page and check them out!

I love the iridescent blue and embroidered dragonflies on this!


Here’s how I did it…


I delicately cut out the address book from the binding. I will use these small papers for scrap--I try not to ever waste paper.

Once I had the bare book, I used my scissors to "drill" two holes in the binding, but you could make a more precise hole with a nail and hammer, or just about any other method you could think of...

Then I threaded through this elastic cord and tied it on the outside of the binding. You could slide the knots around to the inside after if you want to hide them! I put mine on the outside for now.

After I did this on the top and bottom (very taut cords) I had the finished project. Ta-da! My ipod slid right in and the elastic holds it right into place. Positioned right, it is easy to use the ipod right inside the case, without even removing it!

AND, it slides right back into the cute yellow hard case.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts