visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quote Board: PROJECT GIFT #1

I made this cute quote board for my friend Kerra from a recycled calendar! She was actually the one who bought me the adorable vintage pinup calendar plus a candle and had it delivered to my house for my birthday. So sweet! Well, the awesome Gil Elvgren illustrated calendar was seriously too fantastic to just toss out at the start of the New Year...so I couldn't wait to begin upcycling it. I'm sure you will see more of it around shortly! And who better deserved to get something cute from my first effort than the sweet gal who gave it to me? :)



I bought a vintage frame at a thrift store for $1. I then did some cutting and arranging.

Used my home printer to make this little design with personalization!

Used gold vintage wallpaper behind the polka dots and the pinup! Left some white space at the bottom to write with!

It's great to use picture frames as dry erase boards. They are a touch fancier, clean up much nicer with no staining, and you can put anything you like behind the frame--a family photo, neat picture, or a printed grid from your very own design/printer.

All in all, it's a great (and quick) DIY project that is super fun to give away if you have beautiful, deserving friends. I'm lucky to have an abundant supply of those!


Naturally, the final step was to pack it up in some cute brown paper and vintage fabric ribbon. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts