visit counter for blogspot

Im getting married--follow along with me! | Be a fan on Facebook! | Follow ThriftTrick on Instagram! | Follow ThriftTrick on Twitter! | Follow ThriftTrick on Pinterest! | Follow ThriftTrick by email! | Take Me Home! | About your gal! | Follow ThriftTrick through email! | Fashion | Thrift
Positive Body Image | On the menu... | On the turntable... | Thrift Store Reviews... | DIYs and Tips



Wednesday, December 14, 2011

"Cool" little organizer DIY





I think I've mentioned in other blogs that I'm a music teacher, musician, mom and full time college student! The holiday season has me in a busy whirlwind. I've got three seperate performances this week! There have been so many outfits, reviews and ideas I've been thinking about posting in that time, but I think this week to save my sanity I'll post some helpful shorter entries.



Today I just want to share an organizational idea I found recently that I'm loving for my earrings. Obviously, you could use ice cube trays for many things! I'm proud of all my thrifted and vintage earrings and I've found many neat ways to display them much more artistically--picture frames covered with nylon, hooks, etc.--but with alot of vintage clip and screw ons, it was too much of a hassle to pull them on and off.




I thought at first I wouldn't like the LOOK of ice cube trays but I actually do! They are very organized and stackable and look just fine on my jewelry shelf. I don't mind the colors but a neat idea would be to spray paint them. You could even color code your jewelry--gold, silver, or a color to represent long earrings, short, etc.--but I took the easy route and let them be.




Easy to find my earrings now, and no struggles getting them off of a display!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question--I'd love to hear from you!

Popular Posts